Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wrapping Up


For our final project, I made a one-minute video clip. I decided to expand on the idea of how each person is unique.  I feel that society puts pressure on us to such an extent that we become mundane and blend into the background. Each person has unique qualities that make him/her different.
Words such as expression, passion, and individuality came to mind when I was directing and making the film.  I used three people and began shooting them in a serious mood dressed in plain colors to portray how they appear when pressured to repress their true selves.  I used symbolism and words to convey my theme as I had each of the three people express themselves and have fun.  I was surprised at how difficult it was to narrow down and edit these clips I took. Finding transitional clips required more planning than I had originally thought as well. In addition, it was challenging to compose music to complement the mood and not detract from the video.
Although it required a lot of time and planning, I enjoyed making this video. It has really taught me the planning needed to convey your ideas in the format of a video as well as the patience indispensible in editing down shots.  The next time I watch a two-hour movie I will definitely appreciate it more than I would have ever imagined!

On a side note, if you wish to check out my youtube channel, please click here!

3 comments:

  1. Although you spent a lot of time with the transitional clips, they really pulled your project together. I am not sure if you would have gotten the same message across if the transition clips weren't in there. The clips you used excellently portrayed individuality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You succeeded in making a really beautiful video. The message was lovely, and your command of the medium helped your message come across very strongly. This is something I would watch to cheer myself up on a bad day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video was ambitious from staging numerous set-ups to composing and recording an original soundtrack. Your piano composition sensibility reminds us of Philip Glass. Your descriptions implies that you wanted to say something about cultural oppression, if there was a hint of overcoming that oppression had been in the video, the piece would have been stronger.

    ReplyDelete